Miltope’s family of Airborne Broadband Network products offer all of the required functionality necessary to create custom airborne networks similar to how business office networks are created. Networks based on Miltope products may be readily expanded or reconfigured because of a common connector interface.
Typical aircraft systems designed by a single supplier satisfy a specific function based on custom specifications. That system must then be maintained to a fixed configuration.This approach works well for flight deck avionics but is fundamentally opposite of how modern computer networks are designed.
Miltope’s Airborne BroadbandNetwork products may be configured to define a network that optimizes the combination of interfaces and computing resources to meet the operational, spatial, and functional requirements of the simplest to the most complex airborne networks at a minimum cost.
Used as building blocks, these products with Aircraft-independent I/O, support Communication Management (including Least-cost Routing), WLAN Management, Network Management, Intranet and Web Services, FOQA recording and delivery, ACARS-over-IP and a wide variety of other system software applications.
KEY DESIGN FEATURES:
- Industry standard products combined to create a platform upon which network services and applications can be executed, similar to office networks
- Easily modified or extended as requirements change with addition of new applications
- Creation of remotely managed, scalable, interchangeable, upgradeable airborne networks
- Standard compact packaging, common connections, & standard interfaces provide a wide variety of network configurations while minimizing installation costs
- Allows aircraft network expansion and change with minimal impact to aircraft installation and certification